DAAD scholarship programme is one of the humanitarian scholarship scheme established by the Government of Germany. The scholarship scheme is aimed at offering financial aids to international students who are academically fit and has good leadership quality. The scholarship scheme is open to all interested students who meet the eligibility conditions. German citizens are eligible to apply too.
The German Academic Exchange Service or DAAD (German: Deutscher Akademischer Austauschdienst) is the largest German support organization in the field of international academic co-operation.
DAAD Scholarships/German Federal Ministry of Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ)
Field of Study:
This is a scholarship scheme in Germany for international students, it is available for undergraduate and postgraduate students who wish to study in Germany.
The scholarship scheme is fully funded and It covers the following:
- Scholarship payments of 750 euros a month
- Payments towards health, accident and personal liability insurance cover
- Travel allowance, unless these expenses are covered by the home country or another source of funding
- One-off study allowance
- Applicants who have been resident in Germany for longer than 15 months at the application deadline cannot be considered.
All international students can take part in the scholarship scheme.
: To be eligible for the DAAD Scholarship scheme, applicants must
- have successfully completed generally a two-year university degree (doctoral candidates) with above average results (upper forth of class)
- clearly show motivation and strong commitment
- have thorough knowledge of the language of instruction
- have completed their last university degree not more than 6 years ago at the time of application must be nationals or permanent resident of a Sub-Saharan African Country, excluding South Africa
- should generally be
a) staff member of a public university,
b) candidate considered for teaching or research staff recruitment,
c) from the public sector
The Germany scholarships scheme 2019 applications have to be sent directly to the respective University. Applications (or documents) sent to the DAAD will not be forwarded to the according to courses! The complete applications have to be submitted in English or German to be considered.
Documents to be uploaded to the DAAD portal
- Online application form
- Full curriculum vitae in tabular form (max. 3 pages)
- A statement about academic and personal reasons for the planned study project in Germany (letter of motivation; 1 – 3 pages)
- Letter of admission to a study program; this can be subsequently submitted before the scholarship-supported study program begins if it is not available at the time of application.