Northern Arizona University is offering the International Excellence Award to provide opportunities for high-achieving international students to attend North Arizona, USA.
The program is a merit-based tuition waiver for first time undergraduates and graduate degree-seeking overseas students admitted directly into a university degree program on the Flagstaff campus.
Applicants from all around the world are eligible to apply. However, candidate are to note these:
- There are a limited number of scholarships and priority will be given to applicants that apply by the recommended deadlines of March 1st for the fall semester and October 1st for the spring semester.
- Students with a 3.0 GPA or higher will be considered although not all eligible applicants will be awarded.
- Eligibility is determined upon admission and students will not be reevaluated after their first admission decision.
- Students entering through a bilateral exchange, an ISEP exchange, or a dual degree program are not eligible.
The university will provide all the following:
- The successful students will receive tuition $10,000 – $13,000 per year in two installments as $5,000 for the first fall and $5,000 for the first spring semester of enrollment, or $6,500 and $6,500 respectively.
- The grant amount for graduate students is $10,000.
- Students who maintain a GPA of 3.50 or higher have the opportunity to renew this award for $13,000 per academic year.
Before applying for this scholarship, the candidates must submit an online application to get an admission in any undergraduate course at NAU. When admitted, the student are automatically considered.
- Supporting Documents: The applicants must submit all the following required documents: two Honors admissions essays, resume or list of activities and accomplishments, the SAT and the ACT.
- Admission Requirements: GPA of 3.0 or higher (unweighted) required
- Language Requirement: You must provide proof of English proficiency from if English is not your native language: Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) an International English Language Testing System (IELTS). The minimum scores of English proficiency are- 80 (TOEFL iBT) or 6.5 (IELTS).
Application Deadline: October 1, 2019 for the spring semester
See International Excellence Award Application link to start application