Quest University Scholarships award honours the extraordinary career of Dr. David W. Strangway, Quest’s first President and Founding Chancellor, and provides full tuition for four years. Its purpose is to make Quest’s unique education available to outstanding students regardless of background, country of origin, or ability to pay. Recipients will have achieved very high levels of academic excellence combined with an outstanding record of leadership and service. Students with a high school average above 90% (3.75 US or equivalent) are encouraged to apply. Winners are notified no later than April 1. Up to six full-tuition scholarships are awarded each year.
Presidential Scholarships are awarded to students who have distinguished themselves not only through their academic performance, but also through intrinsic curiosity, an ability to lead, and a willingness to contribute to their community. Quest’s Bachelor of Liberal Arts and Science (B.A.& Sc.) program is rigorous, and an applicant’s academic record is a key consideration for awarding a Presidential Scholarship, but all components of the admissions application are considered during the evaluation. Although optional, it is strongly suggested that applicants submit reference letters and a resume or CV to support their scholarship application.
The Leaders in Elite Athletics & Performance (LEAP) program allows eligible candidates to pursue both an education and excellence in their art or sport. The program caters to athletes and performers at the professional or elite level. Applicants must indicate within their online admissions application that they plan to apply for the LEAP program, and the LEAP application will be available if and when a student receives a general admission offer. Successful applicants are automatically awarded the scholarship amount. To retain their LEAP scholarship, recipients must remain eligible for the LEAP program.
Quest scholarships are awarded upon entrance and are renewable provided the continuing student maintains scholarship-specific eligibility criteria each year. Scholarships must be applied for prior to beginning at Quest. Scholarships are not awarded to students who have begun their studies at Quest.
- Quest scholarships are valid for up to four years or 32 Blocks, up to and including graduation, so long as the lifetime limit of 32 Blocks is not exceeded. (Note: A returning student must not exceed 12 months of continuous non-enrollment at Quest, with the first month following from the last date of enrollment. For example, if the last date of enrollment is May 11, the 12-month countdown begins June 1. A student that exceeds 12 months will have their Quest scholarship renewal revoked).
- If a Quest scholarship has been revoked, a student seeking Quest scholarship renewal reinstatement must appeal for Committee decision using the Quest scholarship renewal appeal form, available through the Financial Aid Office.
- Enrollment must be in courses at Quest.
- There should be no outstanding fees over $100 on the student’s account.
- Scholarships are pro-rated based on the number of eligible Blocks in which a student is enrolled. The annual scholarship value is based on 8 Blocks of enrollment within a standard academic year.
- Students must maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP).
- Students must meet all scholarship criteria specific to each scholarship type.
How to Apply
Students applying via the Quest Application will be prompted to submit scholarship applications along with their admissions application.
Students applying via the Common Application will submit scholarship applications on their Application Management Page after the Common Application is submitted. Log-in information for the Application Management Page are sent to applicants after their Common Application is received.
Applicants must submit Scholarship applications before the Early Action or Regular Decision admissions deadlines to receive a Presidential Scholarship package with their application decision. The David Strangway Award for Excellence is only awarded after March 1. Applications for both categories of Scholarship must be submitted together.
Please note that Quest does not provide resources to cover room, board, travel, and other fees. Students who enroll at Quest should be prepared to pay at minimum $15,000 per year.
Detailed information about Quest’s scholarship policies, processes and terms can be found in the Academic Calend