If you want to visit Turkey as a student, you must first of all know the details involved in applying for a Turkish visa. For every Turkey Visa application, there are some important requirements and important documents that must be in place.
This article list the turkey students’ visa requirements and its application process.
- Valid Nigerian Passport (valid for 90 days longer than the requested visa)
- A Duly filled application form
- Passport-size photos
- Documents supporting the purpose of the planned visit.
- Proof of health insurance
- Evidence of payment of visa application fee
- Documentation of financial capacity
- Visa processing fee (varies depending on visa type and your nationality).
There are specific Turkey visas that are applicable to Nigerians and they include:
Turkish Tourist visa
Issued to persons who want to visit family members, relatives and friends in Turkey from Nigeria. Tourist visas are single-entry visas and they are valid for up to 3 months.
Tourist visa applicants have to provide their itineraries, and also provide proof that they can financially sustain themselves during their stay.
Turkish Business Visa
Single-entry visas issued to travelers visiting the country for brief meetings, conferences or lectures. Business visas are usually valid for 90 days.
For this visa, applicants have to provide necessary documents supporting their reason for traveling.
Then, specifically for students is the Turkey Students are the following Visas:
Turkish Student Visa
A student visa is a multiple-entry visa, and it is granted to applicants who want to study in Turkey. The criteria for this visa are that the institution must have granted admission to the applicant before the applicant can apply for a Turkey student visa. In order to prove this, the applicant must provide a letter from the institution.
Applicants have to provide proof that they can foot their tuition.
Turkish Work Visa
Visas issued to persons who want to work in Turkey. The Turkish employers of these applicants have to send proof of employment to the Turkish Ministry of Labour and Social Security (MLSS).
Holders of Work visas have to apply for residence permits within 30 days of arrival in Turkey. Applicants also have to prove that they are financially capable of paying for their accommodation and other maintenance costs when they get to Turkey.
Turkish Research Visa
Experts whose purpose of being in the country is for research purposes to get the Research visa. Each member of the team would need to present a copy of their application form and a passport photo.
The applicants have to present a letter from a Turkish institution or museum sponsoring the research.
Also see New Zealand Visa Application.
General Process of Applying for a Turkish visa:
- Apply online
- Submit all of your relevant documents, including copies of your passport, itinerary, photographs, etc.
- Book your appointment online
- Pay your application fee
- Go to the embassy for your appointment and submit any additional outstanding documents at the Turkish Embassy in Abuja
- Pay the processing fee
- Collect or have your completed visa with your passport couriered to you from Abuja
Interested students who want visit Turkey for studies should start their application at least 8 weeks in advance.
For further details on what is needed to apply for your visa, please visit the Turkish Students’ Visa Platform for their application.